The vicar of Wakefield / by Oliver Goldsmith ; including John Forster's essay on the story ; and containing thirteen facsimile illustrations in colour by John Massey Wright, a pupil of Thomas Stothard
- Goldsmith, Oliver, 1730?-1774
- London : Adam & Charles Black, 1903.
Edinburgh : Printed by Neill and Co., Ltd.
- Physical Description:
- xli, 1 unnumbered page, 260 pages, 13 unnumbered leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Wright, John Massey, 1777-1866
Full Text available online
- Details the romantic intrigues in the family of a country vicar in eighteenth century England.
- Color halftones: frontispiece, plates. Plates have guardsheets with printed captions.
Publisher's insignia printed in red on title-page.
"Introductory note" signed: Joseph Grego.
Includes table of contents; list of illustrations.
- Preferred Citation:
- Daniel T. Mitchell Goldsmith Collection, 1995.25.140.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Gift of William Bernard McCarthy; 20034.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- National union catalog, pre-1956 imprints, 204:666
View MARC record | catkey: 2606925