For a vast future also [electronic resource] : essays from the Journal of the Abraham Lincoln Association / edited by Thomas F. Schwartz
- North's Civil War, 1089-8719 ; no. 10
- Lincoln and the problem of race: a decade of interpretations / Arthur Zilversmit -- Lincoln's constitutional dilemma: emancipation and Black suffrage / Eugene H. Berwanger -- Abraham Lincoln and the politics of Black colonization / Michael Vorenberg -- Abraham Lincoln and the recruitment of Black soldiers / John T. Hubbell -- Lincoln and Frederick Douglass: another debate / Christopher N. Breiseth -- Lincoln's wartime leadership: the first hundred days / Don E. Fehrenbacher -- The hedgehog and the foxes / James M. McPherson -- Abraham Lincoln and the border states / William E. Gienapp -- Lincoln and Chase, a reappraisal / John Niven -- Lincoln and Seward in Civil War diplomacy: their relationship at the outset reexamined / Norman B. Ferris -- Lincoln and Congress: why not Congress and Lincoln? / Harold M. Hyman -- Two war leaders: Lincoln and Davis / T. Harry Williams -- Lincoln, the rule of law, and the American Revolution / Phillip S. Paludan -- The use and misuse of the Lincoln legacy / John Hope Franklin.
- 0585173052 (electronic bk.)
- Related Titles:
- Journal of the Abraham Lincoln Association
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2000. Available via the World Wide Web. Available in multiple electronic file formats. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
View MARC record | catkey: 2607889