Managing the corporate legal department : how to create plans, develop processes, and lead the in-house legal team / Jeff Levinson, Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary, NetScout Systems, Inc., Westford, Massachusetts
- Levinson, Jeff (Lawyer)
- Arlington, VA : Bureau of National Affairs, -
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Bureau of National Affairs (Arlington, Va.)
- Detailed analysis. Introduction -- Leadership and management -- Legal ethics -- Management issues for in-house counsel -- Legal department strategic planning -- Organizing the in-house legal department -- Building and managing the legal team -- Resource management: effective use of outside counsel and alternative legal support -- Budget management -- Contract management process -- Digital management --Litigation management and insurance and indemnification for in-house counsel -- Working papers.
- " ... describes the legal and business skills needed to effectively lead and manage a corporate legal department. It begins with a discussion of the evolution of the role of in-house counsel and the ethical issues that they frequently encounter in their work. The portfolio goes on to discuss specific management issues that are relevant to in-house counsel, including, among others, strategic planning, organization of the legal department, hiring and retaining lawyers and staff, resource management, budgeting, and contract management. The portfolio also discusses insurance for and indemnification of in-house counsel."
- Publication Frequency:
- Updated irregularly
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED DICKINSON USERS; PASSWORD REQUIRED FOR ACCESS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 26098128