The Caledonides of the British Isles - reviewed / edited by A.L. Harris, C.H. Holland, B.E. Leake
- London : Geological Society, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations, maps
- Additional Creators:
- Harris, A. L. (Anthony Leonard), Holland, C. H. (Charles Hepworth), Leake, B. E., and Geological Society of London
- Geological Society special publication ; vol. 8
- Divided into sections on Basement-cover relationships, Tectonics, Metamorphism, Floras and faunas, Stratigraphy and sedimentology, Volcanism, and Plutonism, this volume includes papers on: Seismic constraints on the deep geology of the Caledonides of northern Britain; The tectonic evolution of the Welsh Caledonides; Thermal evolution of metamorphic rocks in the Central Highlands of Scotland; Early vertebrates and the Caledonian earth movements; Oceanic sediments from the Ordovician of the Southern Uplands; Caledonide volcanism in Britain and Ireland; and many others.
- 9781862399815 (ebook)
- Previously issued in print Edinburgh: Scottish Academic Press for The Geological Society of London, 1979.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 26099877