Geomaterials in cultural heritage [electronic resource] / edited by Marino Maggetti and Bruno Messiga
- London : Geological Society, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vi, 345 pages) : illustrations, maps
- Additional Creators:
- Maggetti, Marino, Messiga, Bruno, Geological Society of London, and International Geological Congress (32nd : 2004 : Florence, Italy)
- Geological Society special publication ; 257
- This volume gives a broad view of the application of geoscience techniques to the study of monuments and objects from excavations and museums, including their origin, technique of manufacture, age and conservation. It reaffirms the important contribution of geosciences in the interdisciplinary approach to the study of complex materials such as minerals, rocks, glass, metals, mortar, plaster, slags and pottery.
- 9781862398405 (ebook)
- Papers from a session of the 32nd International Geological Congress.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographic references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 26100126