Using technology to advance global health [electronic resource] : proceedings of a workshop / Rachel M. Taylor and Joe Alper, rapporteurs ; Forum on Public-Private Partnerships for Global Health and Safety, Board on Global Health, Health and Medicine Division, The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, Medicine
- Taylor, Rachel M.
- Washington, DC : The National Academies Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 78 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Alper, Joe
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (U.S.). Forum on Public-Private Partnerships for Global Health and Safety
Using Technology to Advance Global Health (Workshop) (2017 : Washington, D.C.), author
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Digital health within the current global context -- Enabling a multidisciplinary approach to health -- Country-level digital health strategies -- Push versus pull at the community level -- Tapping into grassroots initiatives and entrepreneurs -- Final thoughts.
- To explore how the use of technology can facilitate progress toward globally recognized health priorities, the Forum on Public-Private Partnerships for Global Health and Safety organized a public workshop. Participants identified and explored the major challenges and opportunities for developing and implementing digital health strategies within the global, country, and local context, and framed the case for cross-sector and cross-industry collaboration, engagement, and investment in digital health strategies. This publication summarizes the presentations and discussions from the workshop.
- 0309464773 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 26127853