The village of peace / Affinity Vision Entertainment presents ; in association with Statosphere Productions ; directed by Niko Philipides and Ben Schuder ; produced by Ben Schuder ; produced by Sam Schuder and Niko Philipides
- Jerusalem : Ruth Diskin Films, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (64 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Philipides, Niko, 1988-, Schuder, Sam, Schuder, Ben, Pycior, Robert, Affinity Vision Entertainment (Firm), Statosphere Productions (Firm), and Ruth Diskin Films (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English and Hebrew with subtitles in English.
- Explores a community of African-Americans from Chicago, who in 1967 began a two-year migration to Dimona, Israel. The founders of the Village recount their epic journey from the backdrop of oppression and upheaval in Chicago, through the unfamiliar terrain of Liberia, to what they now call home in the Negev Desert. Approximately 300 people made the original migration. Today, over 5,000 African-Hebrew Israelites live in Israel. The stories of four villagers are woven together to portray a community unlike any other, inspired by ancient scripture and a determination to live life in its purest form.
- This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives., Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2014., and Aspect ratio 16:9.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Brandon Katcher; editing, Vinnie Hobbs; original music, Robert Pycior.
- Technical Details:
- DVD-R, region 1, NTSC.
View MARC record | catkey: 26141542