Linne & Ringsrud's clinical laboratory science : concepts, procedures, and clinical applications
- Turgeon, Mary Louise
- Additional Titles:
- Clinical laboratory science and Linne and Ringsrud's clinical laboratory science
- St. Louis, Missouri : Elsevier Mosby, .
- Seventh edition. / Mary Louise Turgeon.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (688 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Ringsrud, Karen Munson and Linne?, Jean Jorgenson
- Front Cover; Inside Front Cover ; Linné & Ringsrud's Clinical Laboratory Science: Concepts, Procedures, and Clinical Applications; Copyright; Contributors; About the author; Reviewers; Preface; What content is significantly new in the seventh edition?; Highlights of Part I: Basic Laboratory Techniques; Chapter 1 Fundamentals of the Clinical Laboratory; Chapter 2 Safety: Patient and Clinical Laboratory Practices; Chapter 3 Quality Assessment and Quality Control in the Clinical Laboratory; Chapter 4 Phlebotomy: Collecting and Processing Patient Blood Specimens; Chapter 5 The Microscope., Chapter 6 Systems of Measurement, Laboratory Equipment, and Reagents Chapter 7 Laboratory Mathematics and Solution Preparation; Chapter 8 Basic and Contemporary Techniques in the Clinical Laboratory; Chapter 9 Delivery of Laboratory Testing: From Point of Care to Total Automation; Highlights of Part II: Clinical Laboratory Specializations; Chapter 10 Introduction to Clinical Chemistry; Chapter 11 Principles and Practice of Clinical Hematology; Chapter 12 Hemostasis and Blood Coagulation; Chapter 13 Renal Physiology and Urinalysis., Chapter 14 Examination of Body Fluids and Miscellaneous SpecimensChapter 15 Introduction to Microbiology; Chapter 16 Immunology and Serology; Chapter 17 Immunohematology and Transfusion Medicine; Ways to Use Clinical Laboratory Science, Seventh Edition; Acknowledgments; Contents ; Part One: Basic Laboratory Techniques ; Chapter 1: Fundamentals of the Clinical Laboratory; Clinical laboratory science; History of clinical laboratory science as a profession; Original Credentialing and Professional Organizations; Individual Professional Recognition., Additional Individual Professional Certification and LicensureNewest Professional Recognition; Clinical laboratory overview; Functions; Staffing; Laboratory Directors; Laboratory Supervisor or Manager; Technologists, Technicians, and Specialists; Clinical laboratory improvement amendments of 1988; CLIA Requirements for Personnel; Levels of Testing; Waived Tests; Provider-Performed Microscopy; Laboratory departments; Traditional Departments of a Clinical Laboratory; Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine; Clinical Chemistry; Flow Cytometry; Hematology and Hemostasis; Immunology and Serology., and MicrobiologyUrinalysis; New Directions for Laboratory Testing: Molecular Diagnostics; Health care organizations; Primary accrediting organizations; Commission on Office Laboratory Accreditation; College of American Pathologists; The Joint Commission; Other Agencies; External government laboratory accreditation and regulation; Alternate sites of testing; Point-of-Care Testing; Reference Laboratories; Physician Office Laboratories; Medical-legal issues; Informed Consent; Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act; New Patient Access Regulations; Chain of Custody.
- Using a discipline-by-discipline approach, Linne & Ringsrud's Clinical Laboratory Science: Concepts, Procedures, and Clinical Applications, 7th Edition provides a fundamental overview of the skills and techniques you need to work in a clinical laboratory and perform routine clinical lab tests. Coverage of basic laboratory techniques includes key topics such as safety, measurement techniques, and quality assessment. Clear, straightforward instructions simplify lab procedures, and are described in the CLSI (Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute) format. Written by well-known CLS educator.
- 9780323370615 EPUB
View MARC record | catkey: 26142858