Mental Health in the Workplace [electronic resource] : Strategies and Tools to Optimize Outcomes / edited by Michelle B. Riba, Sagar V. Parikh, John F. Greden
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 208 p. 18 illus., 17 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Riba, Michelle B., Parikh, Sagar V., Greden, John F., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Healthy Minds at Work: Challenges and Strategies for Businesses -- 2. The Economic Impact of Depression in the Workplace -- 3. Workplace Mental Health in Canada - Towards a Digital Future -- 4. Australian Experiences -- 5. United Kingdom Experiences -- 6. Implementing an Economic Evaluation of a Workplace Mental Health Intervention: A Primer -- 7. Cognitive Dysfunction in the Workplace: Focus on Depression -- 8. Assessment and Treatment of Mood and Anxiety Disorders in the Workplace -- 9. Substance Use Disorders -- 10. Suicide Prevention in the Workplace -- 11. Work Associated Trauma -- 12. Corporate Strategies - Healthplan and Insurer's Perspective -- 13. Mindfulness-based Workplace Interventions for Wellness Promotion.
- This book offers a guide to better understanding models of workplace mental health, as well as best practices for mental health professionals, employee assistance groups, employers and employees alike. The cost of depression at the workplace is staggering, both in terms of absenteeism and productivity loss while at work, and in terms of human and family suffering. Depression is highly prevalent and affects employees' concentration, decision-making skills and memory, contributing to accidents and quality issues. Analyses indicate that the returns on investment for workplace mental health programs are significant, with employers reporting lower productivity-related financial losses and less need staff turnover due to mental health conditions. The book also addresses substance use and misuse, and ways to address such problems.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 26143123