Testing Novel Water Oxidation Catalysts for Solar Fuels Production [electronic resource] / by Carminna Ottone, Simelys Hernández, Marco Armandi, Barbara Bonelli
- Ottone, Carminna
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 117 p. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Hernández, Simelys, Armandi, Marco, Bonelli, Barbara, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- PoliTO Springer Series, 2509-6796
- Introduction to the Water Splitting Reaction -- Steps towards a Sustainable Hydrogen Production from Sunlight and Water -- Sacrificial Oxidants as a means to study the Catalytic Activity of Water Oxidation Catalysts -- Use of the Bubbling Reactor with the Ru(bpy)32+/S2O82- photosystem for measuring the rate of water oxidation as promoted by different manganese oxides -- Electrochemical Measurements as Screening Method for Water Oxidation Catalyst -- Scaling Up the Process of Photo-electrochemical Water Splitting -- Conclusions.
- This book offers comprehensive information on the main techniques for measuring water-oxidation-catalyst (WOC) performance, with a particular focus on the combined use of sacrificial oxidants and dyes within closed-batch reactors. It provides an overview of the latest advances in the synthesis of more efficient WOCs, followed by an analysis of the requirements for sustainable energy production. Readers will find a detailed description of the reaction mechanism used in catalyst assessment systems, which reveals the benefits and limitations of the most common sacrificial oxidant/dye pair. Experimental techniques including electrochemical methods for characterizing novel and non-photoactive WOCs are also described. Throughout the book, various manganese oxides are used as examples of the techniques reviewed or proposed systems. Cost considerations and technological perspectives of the scale-up of solar-driven hydrogen production are also addressed. Lastly, the book presents lessons learned from the implementation of a large-scale real-world device.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 26143405