Finance and Strategy Inside China [electronic resource] / edited by Check-Teck Foo
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- V, 146 p. 41 illus. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Foo, Check-Teck and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Currency-at-War: A Longer View -- 2. Forecasting, Yi Ching and San Bian Shu: A Chinese Approach for Gaining Foresight - An Interview with Jason Tan Beng Siang -- 3. Sustainability Reporting: Case of a University in Beijing -- 4. Wanted: A New, Chinese Paradigm in Finance -- 5. Real Estate and Inflation in China -- 6. Managing Trade Secret Legal Risks For Food Company In China -- 7. Company Secretaries in Chinese Board of Directors -- 8. Determinants of Capital Market Integration: Case of ASEAN and Implications for China -- 9. Modeling the Dao of Sun Tzu for Business -- 10. China's Shadow Banking: Dynamics of Policy and Economy.
- This volume presents the current thinking on finance and strategy inside China. It begins with research presented at the China Financial Markets Conference in 2016, jointly organized by the University of Malaya and the Sun Tzu Art of War Institute. It includes a talk by Check Teck Foo on Currency-at-War: A Longer View, as well as a highly innovative piece by Kishan on the New Chinese Paradigm in Finance, and Tianyue Lu and Wee-Yeap Lau's empirical work on China's Shadow Banking. Ignatius Roni Setyawan and Buddi Wibowo also offer compelling contributions on Determinants of Market Integration in ASEAN. Other topics include The intriguing poser: integrating China into ASEAN, will determinants be the same? and Real Estate and Inflation in China by Siew Peng Lee and Mansor Isa. The book also features contributions from the 7th Global Chinese Management Conference held in 2017. Of the several papers on Sun Tzu, Seow Wah Sheh's on Modeling of the Dao of Sun Tzu for Business was chosen along with Shi Yong Song's Legal Risks inside China and Sustainability Reporting by Xin Sheng Duan and Check-Teck Foo. Furthermore, contributions on Company Secretaries on Chinese Board of Directors by Guang You Liu and Xiao Hui Wang are included. Lastly, it presents Check-Teck Foo's interview with Singaporean Chinese forecaster, Jason Tan Beng Siang, discussing Chinese approaches to forecasting as well as his invention, San Bian Shu. Check-Teck Foo, LLB (Hons) London MBA (Award Winner) Cass Business School, Ph.D. (1990) St Andrews CA FCCA FCMA FCIM Barrister Advocate & Solicitor, was a Tenured Associate Professor of System Engineering Management at the School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore from 1988 to 2010. From 2004 to 2011 he was an Honorary Professor and Chair of Strategy at the University of St Andrews, Scotland. He has travelled across China, lecturing on research, Sunzi and management as a Visiting Professor at 21 Universities (most recently, Consulting Professor, Hunan University and Research Professor, Fudan University). He held a Research Professorship (2012-2015; Talent Program) at Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin. He has held numerous Visiting Professorships around the globe: Europe (UMEA University, Sweden; Consulting Professor, INSEAD, France, and Honorary Research Professor, College of Business, Denmark); USA (New York Institute of Technology and Visiting Distinguished Professor, City University of New York) and Asia (ASEAN Distinguished Professor, University of Malaya; Solbridge Business School, Korea and Government Fellow, Japan Productivity Center, Tokyo). .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 26143554