Transitioning Medical Care [electronic resource] : Through Adolescence to Adulthood / edited by Dan Wood, Alun Williams, Martin A. Koyle, Andrew D. Baird
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 152 p. 3 illus., 1 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Wood, Dan, Williams, Alun, Koyle, Martin A., Baird, Andrew D., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Metrics -- 2. Information Transfer -- 3. Managing the parents -- 4. Barriers to Transition -- 5. Assessing Readiness -- 6. Clinical Safety -- 7. Building the Team (MDT) -- 8. Political Concerns- Institutional, Government, Insurance, Funding -- 9. What do patients worry about? -- 10. Why should we worry about Patients? -- 11. Taking a Service Forward.
- This book provides a guide to the complexities of medical care through adolescence and into adulthood. The principles of transition, the management of patients and parents, and developmentally appropriate adolescent health care are discussed and evaluated. The academic importance of understanding long-term outcomes of treatments and diseases that began in childhood is also covered. This book aims to help readers build a multidisciplinary transition team and details the barriers encountered in this process and the ways to overcome them.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 26143576