William Wordsworth letters, circa 1828-1841
- Wordsworth, William, 1770-1850
- Physical Description:
- 2 items
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access.
- One fragmentary letter, ca. 1828-1830, to Mrs. Charles Lawrence concerning Wordsworth's son William. Another letter, 1841, to "My dear Sir" concerning an accident suffered by Wordsworth.
- Doris Harris; Paul Richards,
- In Rare Books and Manuscripts, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA (#1971-0030R/VF Lit)
- Administrative History:
- Wordsworth was the great British lyrical poet of nature, spontaneity, and affirmation. He is viewed as a conflicted and complicated poet whose works document the major events and concerns of his age--the French Revolution and the rise of counterrevolutionary tyranny, the effects of urbanization, mass communication, and war, the desires and limitations of the human mind.
View MARC record | catkey: 261496