1:500,000 Africa (Air) [cartographic material].
- Corporate Author:
- Great Britain. War Office. General Staff. Geographical Section
- Additional Titles:
- Standard map series designation: P404
- [London] : War Office, 1941-
- Physical Description:
- 11 color maps. ; 55 x 84 cm or smaller
- Its [G.S.G.S.] ; 4072A
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:500,000.
- Complete in 11 sheets? Set includes various issues of some sheets, some reissued by U.S. Army Map Service. Sheets are numbered by the geographical co-ordinates of the south-west corner of each sheet.
"Projection, Europe (Air) conical orthomorphic."
"Heights in metres." Elevations shown by contours, altitude tints and spot heights.
Multiple and single track railroads, three classes of roads and woods are shown. Aeronautical information includes landing facilities, navigation aids and hazards and lines of equal magnetic variation.
"Fathom lines and low water marks are based on Admiralty charts."
Marginal maps and diagrams on various sheets show adjoining sheets, index to boundaries, etc.
View MARC record | catkey: 2615040