The continental Saxons from the migration period to the tenth century : an ethnographic perspective / edited by Dennis H. Green and Frank Siegmund
- Woodbridge, UK ; Rochester, NY : Boydell Press ; San Marino (R.S.M.) : Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Social Stress, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 393 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Green, D. H. (Dennis Howard), 1922-2008, Siegmund, Frank, and Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Social Stress
- Studies in historical archaeoethnology ; v. 6
- Location in space and time / M. Springer -- The North Sea coastal area: settlement history from Roman to early medieval times / D. Meier -- Social relations among the old Saxons / F. Siegmund -- Jural relations among the Saxons before and after Christianization / G. Ausenda -- Rural economy of the continental Saxons from the migration period to the tenth century / W. Dörfler -- The beginnings of urban economies among the Saxons / H. Steuer -- Saxon art between interpretation and imitation: the influence of Roman, Scandinavian, Frankish, and Christian art on the material culture of the continental Saxons AD 400-1000 / K. Høilund Nielsen -- Three Aspects of the old Saxon Biblical epic, The Heliand / D.H. Green -- Beyond satraps and ostriches: political and social structures of the Saxons in the early Carolingian period / I. Wood -- The conversion of the old Saxons / J. Hines -- Current issues and suggested future directions in the study of the continental Saxons / F. Siegmund & G. Ausenda.
- 1843830264 (alk. paper)
- "This volume contains the papers presented at the sixth conference on 'Studies in Historical Archaeoethnology' organized by the Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Social Stress, which was held in San Marino from 10th September to 14th September 1999"--T.p. verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2620031