- Hana = Bloom (3:27) / Rentaro Taki -- Kojo no tsuki = Moon over the ruined castle (3:52) ; Hakone Hachiri = Long and stern mountain path of Hakone (2:59) / Rentaro Taki ; arr. Kosaku Yamada -- Aoba no fue = A flute of green leaf (3:47) / Torazo Tamura -- Oborozukiyo = A night with hazy moon (2:44) / Teiichi Okano -- Jogashima no ame = Rainning [sic] Joga-shima Island (3:55) / Tadasi Yamada -- Machiboke = Waiting in vain (1:35) / Kosaku Yamada -- Chugoku-chiho no komoriuta = Lullaby of Chugoku region (3:07) ; Sakura sakura = Cherry blossoms (2:54) / Kosaku Yamada, arr. -- Akatombo = A red drangonfly (1:51) ; Sunayama = Dune (3:10) ; Kono michi = The path (2:19) / Kosaku Yamada -- Yoimachigusa = An evening primrose (3:03) / Tadasuke Ono -- Tsuki no sabaku = A dessert under the moon (4:04) / Suguru Sasaki -- Hamabe no uta = Song for strand (3:00) / Tamezo Narita -- Biwako shuko no uta = Sailing through the Biwako Lake (3:15) / Chiaki Yoshida -- Habu no minato = The horbour [sic] of Habu (3:13) / Shimpei Nakayama -- Defune = Sail from a poet (2:56) / Haseo Sugiyama -- Yashi no mi = A coconut (3:23) / Toraji Onaka -- Nara-yama = Nara, the ancient city (3:18) / Kozaburo Hirai -- Yamadera no osho-san = Bonze at a mountain temple (2:39) / Ryoichi Hattori -- Tsuki no komoriuta = Lullaby of tsuki (2:23) -- Natsu no omoide = Remembrance of last summer (3:46) / Yosinao Nakada.
- Double bass music with organ or piano.
All songs arranged by Gary Karr.
Program notes and biographical information on performers (11 p. : ill.) in Japanese and English inserted in container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Gary Karr, double bass ; Harmon Lewis, organ (2nd, 5th, 6th, 9th-12th, 14th 16th-20th & 22nd works), piano (1st, 3rd, 4th 8th, 13th, 15th, 21st & 22nd).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Dec. 11 & 12, 1994 at the Lilia Music Hall, Kawaguchi, Saitama prefecture, Japan.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20034.
View MARC record | catkey: 2629827