Composers in the computer age. I [sound recording] / Richard Karpen, John Rahn, Diane Thome
- [U.S.] : Centaur, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc (71 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Jalāl al-Dīn Rūmī, Maulana, 1207-1273
Henderson, Mary, 1912-2006
Thome, Diane, 1942-
Karpen, Richard, 1957-
Cincinnati Philharmonia Orchestra
- CDCM computer music series ; vol. 12
- The ruins of the heart / Diane Thome (17:50) -- Miranda / John Rahn (13:15) -- Saxonomy / Richard Karpen (23:00) -- Kali / John Rahn (9:25) -- Denouement / Richard Karpen (7:00).
- ["00:17:50", "00:13:15", "00:23:00", "00:09:25", "00:07:00"]
- The 1st work for soprano, orchestra, and tape ; the 3rd work for (baritone, tenor, and alto) saxophone soloist and computer realized tape.
Vocal portions of the 1st-2nd works sung and/or spoken in English.
Text of the 1st work from Edmund Helminski's The ruins of the heart : The poems of Jeláluddin Rumi (3rd ed., 1981).
Program notes (11 p.) inserted in container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Mary Henderson, soprano, Cincinnati Philharmonia Orchestra, Gerhard Samuel, conductor (1st work) ; Michael Brockman, saxophone (in the 3rd work).
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Donald M. Haag Libraries Endowment; 20034.
View MARC record | catkey: 2630694