A soldier's girl [videorecording] / Bachrach/Gottlieb Productions ; producers, Doro Bachrach, Linda Gottlieb ; writer, Ron Nyswaner ; director, Frank Pierson
- [United States] : Showtime Entertainment, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 112 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Bachrach, Doro
Gottlieb, Linda (Producer)
Pierson, Frank R.
Hatosy, Shawn, 1975-
Realba, Mike, 1977-
Mota, Paul, 1966-
Kaczmarek, Jan A. P.
Antosh, Patrick, 1965-
Bachrach/Gottlieb Productions (Firm)
- The true story of 21-year-old Army private Barry Winchell who falls in love with a trans-genered night club singer. Barry ignites the jealous fury of his homophobic brothers-in-arms, particularly his roommate Justin, an anti-social misfit.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: R; for sexual content, a scene of strong violence and language.
- Title from container.
Originally released as a television motion picture in 2003.
Special features: interviews with Troy Garity, Lee Pace, Shawn Hatosy, Calpernia Addams, and director Frank Pierson; commentary track with director Frank Pierson, screenwriter Ron Nyswaner, Troy Garity, and Calpernia Addams; 'Soldier's' secrets: a closer look at the true story that inspired the movie; filmographies: Troy Garity, Lee Pace, Shawn Hatosy, and director Frank Pierson; Lee Pace make-up; a transgender transformation.
Description based on surrogate.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Paul Sarossy ; art director, Peter Emmink ; editor, Katrina Zinner ; music, Jan A.P. Kaczmarek ; costume designer, Patrick Antosh ; production designer, Lindsay Hermer-Bell ; special effects supervisor, Brock Jolliffe.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Troy Garity, Lee Pace, Andre Braugher, Shawn Hatosy, Philip Eddolls, Dan Petronijevic, Mike Realba, Merwin Mondesir, Paul Mota.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, produced for region 1 (North America); user must have a DVD player that will play region 1 DVDs; full screen (1.33:1) presentation; stereo., Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
View MARC record | catkey: 2631294