The video game [videorecording] : past, present and future / La Cinquieme-Mosaique Films ; written by Francois Garcon ; produced by Thomas Schmitt ; directed by Thomas Cazalas
- Princeton, N.J. : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (51 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Garçon, François
Lee, Chris, 1965 or 1966-
Films for the Humanities (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English, Japanese and French with English voiceovers
- Traces the history of video games by studying the companies, technologies, and economics that are fueling the industry in Japan, the U.S., and France. It also seeks to understand the driving force behind the video game's phenomenal cultural penetration while offering insights into the rigorous development and aggressive multichannel marketing of games and game consoles. The inevitable convergence of the video game and film industries and the impact of the Internet as a global gaming environment are also considered.
- Atari, Inc—History
- Squaresoft (Firm)—History
- Sonī Kabushiki Kaisha—History
- Cryo Interactive Entertainment (Firm)—History
- Kalisto Entertainment (Firm)—History
- In Utro (Firm)—History
- Blizzard Entertainment (Firm)—History
- Electronic Arts (Firm)—History
- Ubi Soft Entertainment (Firm)—History
- LucasArts (Firm)—History
- Video games—History
- Video games—Design—History
- Video games—Social aspects
- Computer games—History
- Computer animation—History
- Internet games—Forecasting
- Electronic games industry—United States—History
- Electronic games industry—California—History
- Electronic games industry—Japan—History
- Electronic games industry—France—History
- Electronic games industry—Economic aspects
- Originally produced in 2001.
Duration given on container: 57 min.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator: Bremner Duthie
Comentary: Nolan Bushnell, Yoshiko Kawazu, Chris Lee, Loyd Levin.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 2631552