The English dictionary, or, An interpreter of hard English words [microform] : enabling as well ladies and gentlewomen, young scholars, clerks, merchants as also strangers of any nation to the understanding of the more difficult authors already printed in our language and the more speedy attaining of an elegant perfection of the English tongue both in reading, speaking and writing / by H. C.
- Cockeram, Henry, active 1650
- London : Printed by A.M. and are to be sold by Andrew Crooke, 1658.
- The eleventh edition, revised and enlarged.
- Physical Description:
- 320 unnumbered pages
- The first part of the English dictionary--The second part of the English translator [a dictionary of synonyms]--The third part, treating of gods and goddesses, men and women, boys and maids, giants and devils ...
- Related Titles:
- English dictionary
Interpreter of hard English words
- Dedication signed: Henry Cockeram.
Reproduction of original in the Harvard University Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1982. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1305:38)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, C4870.
View MARC record | catkey: 2637512