Meaning and argument : a theory of meaning centred on immediate argumental role / Cesare Cozzo
- Preface -- Introduction -- Four requirements on theories of meaning -- Some views on meaning and role in reasoning -- Immediate argumental role --Epistemological holism without linguistic holism -- Correctness of a language -- Truth and assertion --Rejection of analytic truth -- Bibliography -- Index of names -- Index of subjects.
- Other Subject(s):
- 9122016481 (paperback)
- Critical Philosophy of Race.
- Rare Books copy: From the library of Michael Dummett.
- Dissertation Note:
- Ph. D. University of Stockholm 1994
- Includes abstract.
Rare Books copy: Author's presentation inscription to Michael Dummett on title page: "With kind regards, Cesare Cozzo".
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 192-205) and indexes.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased with funds from the Hastings Libraries Endowment; 2014.
Rare Books copy: Purchased from Ruddi Thoemmes Rare Books; 2014.
- Related Materials:
- Michael Dummett papers, 1956-2012, bulk 1982-2006 (9526) housed at Pennsylvania State University Libraries' Eberly Family Special Collections Library. https://libraries.psu.edu/findingaids/9526.htm
Ann Dummett papers, 1966-2012, bulk 1976-2012 (9466) housed at Pennsylvania State University Libraries' Eberly Family Special Collections Library. https://libraries.psu.edu/findingaids/9466.htm
View MARC record | catkey: 26402751