Protein gel detection and imaging [electronic resource] : methods and protocols / edited by Biji T. Kurien and R. Hal Scofield
- New York, NY : Humana Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 289 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Kurien, Biji T. and Scofield, R. Hal
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Protein stains and applications / Pazhani Sundaram -- Roles of acetic acid and methanol during fixing and staining proteins in an SDS-polyacrylamide electrophoresis gel / J. P. Dean Goldring -- Multicolored prestained standard protein marker generation using a variety of remazol dyes for easy visualization of protein bands during SDS-PAGE / Gaurav Kumar -- Coomassie brilliant blue staining of polyacrylamide gels / Claudia Arndt, Stefanie Koristka, Anja Feldmann, Ralf Bergmann, and Michael Bachmann -- Simple, time-saving dye staining of proteins in sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel using coomassie blue / Wei-hua Dong, Fang Wang, Jun-he Zhang, Yan-sheng Zhou, Ling-ye Zhang, and Tian-yun Wang -- Application of heat to quickly stain and destain proteins stained with coomassie blue / Biji T. Kurien and R. Hal Scofield -- Silver staining techniques of polyacrylamide gels / Nicole Berndt, Ralf Bergmann, Claudia Arndt, Stefanie Koristka, and Michael Bachmann -- Counterion dye staining of proteins in one- and two-dimensional sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and tryptic gel digestion of stained protein for mass spectrometry / Sun-Young Hwang and Jung-Kap Choi -- Detection of phosphoproteins in sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis using 8-quinolinol stain / Sun-Young Hwang, Xu Wang, and Jung-Kap Choi -- Microwave-assisted protein staining, destaining, and in-gel/in-solution digestion of proteins / Jennie R. Lill and Victor J. Nesatyy -- Fluorescent staining of gels / Engelbert Buxbaum -- Single-step simultaneous protein staining procedure for polyacrylamide gels and nitrocellulose membranes by alta during western blot analysis / Jayanta K. Pal, Sunil K. Berwal, and Rupali N. Soni -- TEMED enhanced photoluminescent imaging of human serum proteins by quantum dots after PAGE / Na Na and Jin Ouyang -- Detection of glycoproteins in polyacrylamide gels using Pro-Q emerald 300 dye, a fluorescent periodate schiff-base stain / Padmaja Mehta-D'souza -- Curcumin/turmeric as an environment-friendly protein gel stain / Biji T. Kurien, Yaser Dorri, and R. Hal Scofield -- Detection of multiple enzymes in fermentation broth using single PAGE analysis / K. Divakar, J. Deepa Arul Priya, G. Panneer Selvam, M. Suryia Prabha, Ashwin Kannan, G. Nandhini Devi, and Pennathur Gautam -- Revisit of imidazole-zinc reverse stain for protein polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis / Han-Min Chen -- One-step staining protocol for in-gel fluorescent visualization of proteins / Jelena Bogdanović Pristov and Ivan Spasojević -- Ten minute stain to detect proteins in polyacrylamide electrophoresis gels with direct red 81 and amido black / J. P. Dean Goldring and Robert G. E. Krause -- In-gel protein phosphatase assay using fluorogenic substrates / Isamu Kameshita, Noriyuki Sueyoshi, and Atsuhiko Ishida -- Detection of proteins in polyacrylamide gels via prelabeling by isatoic anhydride / Kazem Asadollahi, Saharnaz Rafiee, and Gholamhossein Riazi -- Fluorescent protein visualization immediately after gel electrophoresis using an in-gel trichloroethanol photoreaction with tryptophan / Carol L. Ladner-Keay, Raymond J. Turner, and Robert A. Edwards -- Direct immunodetection of antigens within the precast polyacrylamide gel / Surbhi Desai, Boguslawa R. Dworecki, and Marie C. Nlend -- Zymographic determination of intrinsic specific activity of oxidases in the presence of interfering proteins / Tien Canh Le, Mircea Alexandru Mateescu, Samaneh Ahmadifar, Lucia Marcocci, and Paola Pietrangeli -- Simple method for detecting phosphorylation of proteins by using Zn2+-Phos-Tag SDS-PAGE at neutral pH / Gaurav Kumar -- Principle and method of silver staining of proteins separated by sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis / Gaurav Kumar -- Heat/pressure treatment with detergents significantly increases curcumin solubility and stability : its use as an environment-friendly protein gel stain / Biji T. Kurien, Rohit Thomas, Adam Payne, and R. Hal Scofield -- Fungal laccase efficiently destains coomassie brilliant blue-R-250 stained polyacrylamide gels / Gaurav Kumar -- Destaining coomassie brilliant blue-stained sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide protein gels using a household detergent / Rachna Aggarwal and Biji T. Kurien -- Paper adsorbents remove coomassie blue from gel destain and used gel stain in an environment-friendly manner / Yaser Dorri and Biji T. Kurien -- Gel drying methods / Anja Feldmann, Nicole Berndt, Ralf Bergmann, and Michael Bachmann -- Stained gels can be stored for several months in nonsealed polyethylene bags / Biji T. Kurien and R. Hal Scofield -- Radiolabeling and analysis of labeled proteins / Nicole Berndt, Ralf Bergmann, and Michael Bachmann.
- 9781493987443 (alk. paper)
1493987445 (alk. paper)
9781493987450 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 26404161