The practice of physick in seventeen several books [microform] : wherein is plainly set forth the nature, cause, differences, and several sorts of signs : together with the cure of all diseases in the body of man / by Nicholas Culpeper ... Abdiah Cole ... and William Rowland ; being chiefly a translation of the works of that learned and renowned doctor, Lazarus Riverius ...
- Rivière, Lazare, 1589-1655
- Uniform Title:
- Praxis medica. English. 1655
- London : Printed by Peter Cole ... and are to be sold at his shop ..., 1655.
- Physical Description:
- 16 unnumbered pages, 645, that is, 518 pages, 17 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Culpeper, Nicholas, 1616-1654
Cole, Abdiah, approximately 1610-approximately 1670
- Related Titles:
- Compleat practice of physick in eighteen several books
- "Translation of the author's Praxis medica and Observations medicae & curationes insignes" -- NUC pre-1956 imprints.
Added t.p. : The compleat practice of physick, in eighteen several books.
"A physical dictionary" ( p. at end) has special t.p.
"The author to the reader" signed: Lazarus Riverius.
Numerous errors in paging.
"Above fifteen thousand of said books in Latin have been sold in a very few yeers, having been eight times printed, though all the former impressions wanted the nature, causes, signs, and differences of the diseases, and had only the medicines for the cure of them, as plainly appears by the authors epistle; the names of the seventeen books of the practice of physick, and the principal matters treated of in each of them, are printed in one sheet of paper, and put before these books; with these books is bound a physical dictionary, explaining hard words used in these books, and others."
Reproduction of original in the Harvard University Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1984. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1492:2)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, R1559.
View MARC record | catkey: 2642647