Ethical questions in name authority control / Jane Sandberg, editor
- Sacramento, CA : Library Juice Press, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 410 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Sandberg, Jane, 1989-
- Self-determination and Privacy. "My Zine Life is My Private Life": Reframing Authority Control from Detective Work to an Ethic of Care / Violet B. Fox and Kelly Swickard -- Identity Theft: How Authority Control Undermines Women's Agency / Michelle M. Kazmer -- When Public Identity Meets Personal Privacy: Ethical Considerations for the Use of Dates of Birth in Name Authority Records for Living Persons / Jennifer M. Martin -- Demographic Characteristics in Personal Name Authority Records and the Ethics of a Person-Centered Approach to Name Authority Control / Thomas A. Whittaker -- Impacts of Colonialism. This is the Oppressor's Language Yet I Need It to Talk to You: Native American Name Authorities at the University of Denver / Erin Elzi and Katherine M. Crowe -- Cataloging Kurdistan: Imagining Liberated Geographies / Heather K. Hughes -- Gender Variance and Transgender Identities. Who Asked You?: Consent, Self-Determination, and the Report of the PCC Ad Hoc Task Group on Gender in Name Authority Records / Kalani Adolpho -- Free to Be... Only He or She: Overcoming Obstacles to Accurately Recording Gender Identity in a Highly-Gendered Language / Ahava Cohen -- Violent Cis-tems: Identifying Transphobia in Library of Congress Name Authority Records / Hale Polebaum-Freeman -- Accuracy of Identity Information and Name Authority Records / Naomi Shiraishi -- Finding "Miss Betty" Joe Carstairs: The Ethics of Unpacking Misnaming in Cataloging and Biographical Practices / Travis L. Wagner -- Challenges to the Digital Scholarly Record. From Personal to Corporate and from Names to Titles: the Challenges of Iranian Scholars with Scientific Publications / Sholeh Arastoopoor and Fatemeh Ahmadinasab -- Barriers to Ethical Linked Data Name Authority Modeling / Ruth Kitchin Tillman -- The Tale of Three Service Types for Researcher Identifiers and the Ethical Implication on Access to Information and Representation of Authors / Anchalee Punigabutra-Roberts -- Emancipatory Collaborations. What's in a Name? Archives for Black Lives in Philadelphia and the Impact of Names and Name Authorities in Archival Description / Alexis A. Antracoli and Katy Rawdon -- Authority Work as Outreach / Tina Gross and Violet B. Fox -- Creating Multilingual and Multiscript Name Authority Records: A Case Study in Meeting the Needs of Inuit Language Speakers in Nunavut / Carol Rigby and Riel Gallant -- An Indigenous Global Perspective of Policy, Procedures and Best Practice / Naomi R. Caldwell.
- "Explores and develops a framework for the ethical practice of name authority control, through theoretical and practice-based essays, stories, content analyses, and other methods"--
- 9781634000543 paperback acid-free paper and 1634000544 paperback acid-free paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 26452183