Thomas Campanella, an Italian friar and second Machiavel, his advice to the King of Spain for attaining the universal monarchy of the world [microform] : particularly concerning England, Scotland and Ireland, how to raise division between king and Parliament, to alter the government from a kingdome to a commonwealth, thereby embroiling England in civil war to divert the English from disturbing the Spaniard in bringing the Indian treasure into Spain : also for reducing Holland by procuring war betwixt England, Holland, and other sea-faring countries ... / translated into English by Ed. Chilmead, and published for awakening the English to prevent the approaching ruine of their nation ; with an admonitorie preface by William Prynne, of Lincolnes-Inne, Esquire
- Translation of: De monarchia Hispanica dicursus., Reissue of the 1st ed., 1654, with a new t.p. and the addition of Prynne's preface (p. -) dated from "Lincolnes Inne, Decemb. 16, 1659.", and Reproduction of original in Yale University Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1963. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 85:17)
- Binding notes:
- Microfilm D18a reel.85:1 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in The practice of His Majesties Court of Exchequer at Westminster as to proceedings in equity by English bill, parallel to the course used in the High Court of Chancery [microform] : containing precedents of the most exact and authentick forms of bills, answers, pleas, and demurrers ... and such other process and pleadings as have been been drawn by the most learned, able, and experienc'd council, clerks, and practitioners, and approved of by the said court for more than 35 years last past
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, C400
View MARC record | catkey: 2645487