An history of the wonderful things of nature [microform] : set forth in ten severall classes wherein are contained I. The wonders of the heavens, II. Of the elements, III. Of meteors, IV. Of minerals, V. Of plants, VI. Of birds, VII. Of four-footed beasts, VIII. Of insects, and things wanting blood, IX. Of fishes, X. Of man / written by Johannes Jonstonus, and now rendred into English by a person of quality
- Jonstonus, Joannes, 1603-1675
- Uniform Title:
- Thaumatographia naturalis. English
- London : Printed by John Streater ..., and are to be sold by the Booksellers of London, 1657.
- Physical Description:
- 16 unnumbered pages, 354 pages, 2 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Libavius, Andreas, -1616
Rowland, John, M.D.
- Translation of: Thaumatographia naturalis.
Translated by John Rowland.
Advertisement: p.  at end.
"An appendix to the eighth classis : wherein there is contained the observation of Andreas Libavius ... concerning silk-worms, a singular history, anno 1559, at Rotenburgh": p. 268-287.
Reproduction of original in Bodleian Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1975. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 568:13)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, J1017
View MARC record | catkey: 2645518