Seneca's Morals by way of abstract ... [microform].
- Seneca, Lucius Annaeus, approximately 4 B.C.-65 A.D.
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections. English. 1688
- London : Printed, and are to be sold by W. Freeman, 1688.
- The fourth edition ; to which is added a discourse, under the title of An after-thought / by Sir R. L'Estrange, kt.
- Physical Description:
- 3 parts (36 unnumbered pages, 113; 9 unnumbered pages, 115-335; 3 unnumbered pages, 331-397, that is, 597 pages, 2 unnumbered pages, 13 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- L'Estrange, Roger, Sir, 1616-1704
- Pt. 1. Of benefits -- Pt. 2. Of a happy life -- Of anger and clemency -- Pt. 3. Epistles.
- Related Titles:
- Morals by way of abstract
- Each part has special t.p.: Part 2 has imprint "by R.E. for R. Bentley ... J. Tonson ... and J. Hindmarsh, 1688"; part 3 has imprint "for Richard Bentley, Jacob Tonson, and John Hindmarsh". Frontispiece has imprint: London : Printed for R. Bentley, J. Hindmarsh, and J. Tonson, 1688.
Seneca's life and death and a discussion of his writings in prelim. leaves.
Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1975. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 579:7)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, S2517
View MARC record | catkey: 2646005