An history of apparitions, oracles, prophecies, and predictions [microform] : with dreams, visions, and revelations and the cunning delusions of the devil, to strengthen the idolatry of the gentiles, and the worshipping of saints departed : with the doctrine of purgatory, a work very seasonable, for discovering the impostures and religious cheats of these times / collected out of sundry authours of great credit, and delivered into English from their several originals by T.B. ; whereunto is annexed, a learned treatise, confuting the opinions of the Sadduces and Epicures, (denying the appearing of angels and devils to men) with the arguments of those that deny that angels and devils can assume bodily shapes ; written in French, and now rendred into English ; with a table to the whole work
- Bromhall, Thomas
- London : Printed by John Streater ..., 1658.
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered pages, 367 pages, 25 unnumbered pages
- "The epistle dedicatory" signed Thomas Bromhall.
Index: p. - at end.
Imperfect: copy at reel 1248:3 has many stained pages.
Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1978 and 1982. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 885:10 and 1248:3)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, B4885
View MARC record | catkey: 2646642