Lives of Cubans after the revolution. Spoken testimony over film. The perspective of a man who has left Cuba. Castro and Guevara. .
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- online resource (video file 0:22:59) : Sound, Colour
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Module I
- Huge rally of people waving banners and singing. Fidel Castro, filmed from behind. A line of Cuban flags. Close up of a girls face, she claps. Castro walks towards a podium and waves to the crowd. Several waving shots. Man in glasses close to him. Che Guevara stands near him smoking a cigar. Man with shirt with Castro's picture on the back. A man with peaked cap salutes. Guevara seems to joke with him, also blac Rocca, the Stalinist. A close up of a man taking a photograph, side view. Castro prepares to talk into the microphones, which he adjusts. Close ups of Castro talking. He now sits at a desk, lots of shots, tapping it for emphasis of his argument, sometimes shouting. He pulls on his cigar. Standing at the podium again, he shouts and gestures wildly. He talks to a man in an office wagging his finger at him. Repeated shots as gone. Titles. An eagle flies over Havana.Pan across a huge crowd holding Castro pictures. The voice over is of a university professor who is now in the USA and doesn't want to give his name. Huge car with fins drives away down a palm lined road, The smart clubs of Havana, exterior and interiors, no people. The Havana Hilton Hotel. More cars with fins, fountains. High rise buildings. Swimming pool, sun loungers. Waiter at the bar. Black glamorous model next to a life buoy with the words "Habana Libre". Flashing lights for bars atnight "Pigalle" etc. Cabaret floor show. Girl singer with microphone. Dancers. Street carnival, drums, dancers with revolutionary themes, men dance with pick axes. A man digs with shovel. Shoe shine works in the street. Man drinks beer on the beach. Cuban beaches. Back to Fidel shouting at the podium. Close up of faces in the crowd. He hugs someone, crowd chants "Fidel". Woman on beach with baby. Girl in the shade. Young people on the beach in the sea. The voice over talks about what happened to the middle class in Cuba. Coca Cola bottling plant. Views of Havana castle and harbour. The ex Esso refinery is now run by the Russians. Various refinery shots. Ship harbour " London Independence" with British ensign.Cars and Lorries in the street. People pushing a car. Parts and mechanics in short supply. The car is pushed along the street and then they jump in. Car towed to garage. Man describes what need doing, welder. Huge yard of cars. More industry shots.Siren goes off. Cuban army. Soldier at an anti aircraft gun looks though the sight line. Equipment with Russian writing. Helicopter. Shell loaded into gun. Troop carrier. Posters for Castro and Lenin and Mao. Aeroflot aircraft. Queues of people at the consulate. The voice over talks about how difficult it is to leave Cuba by the legal route. More shots of waiting queues. Poster for the INRA, agricultural reform. Peasant walks though a field. Crops failed. Food shortages. Shoppers wait in queues. Field worker picks corn, new agricultural workers homes. Woman holds child. Crowd ofhappy children. Revolutionary Deference Committee, man speaks, watchdog of the revolution. Back to the huge rally various shots. Pictures of prisoners. Women's committee write letters. Line of children. School and college students. Havana boulevard. Mansions now used. People talking and discussing, with a Fidel poster behind. Musicians. A bottom dancing ! People by a swimming pool.Candles in church. Exteriors of Cuban churches. Roman Catholic made a deal. Cuban born priests only, priest at mass. Ornate cemeteries and tombs . Lots of shots of tomb detail. Man walks towards a church.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of:
- Location of Originals:
- Huntley Film Archives
- Copyright Note:
- Huntley Film Archives [Please Note: downloading video content is strictly prohibited]
View MARC record | catkey: 26474065