Revealing rebellion in Abiayala : the insurgent poetics of contemporary indigenous literatures / Hannah Burdette
- Burdette, Hannah
- Tucson : The University of Arizona Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 286 pages ; 24 cm
- Introduction: From Political Protest to Poetic Awakening -- Part I. Visibilizar -- Native (In)visibility and the Narrative Refusal to Write -- Verbal Art and the Insurrection of Maya Knowledge -- Part II. Visualizar -- Warrior Words, from Mapuchemas to Hip-Hop Peñas -- Literary Contraband and the Spatial Politics of Resistance -- Visions of the Future Present: Reprogramming Indigenismo -- Conclusion: Addicted to the Indigenous?
- "A masterful study of the intersection between Indigenous literature and social movements in the Americas"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780816538652 hardcover alkaline paper
0816538654 hardcover alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment ; 2018
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 26479149