Perspectives on Nigeria's Economic Development Volume II. Volume II [electronic resource] / Pascal G. Dozie
- Dozie, Pascal
- Baltimore, Maryland : Project Muse, 2013.
Ibadan [Nigeria] : Safari Books Ltd, 2012.
Baltimore, Md. : Project MUSE, 2015.
- New edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 PDF (xviii, 316 pages) :) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Project Muse
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- Globalisation and the Nigerian economy -- Managing the Nigerian economy -- Strengthening the Nigerian banking sector -- Entrepreneurship and corporate governance -- Key sectors and issues.
- Nigeria has experienced significant economic progress since publication in 1999 of the first edition of Perspectives on Nigerian Economic Development. Two main drivers of this progress have been the beneficial return to democratic rule and the implementation of key economic reforms, particularly in pursuing external debt relief, implementing excess crude account to stabilize revenue volatility, introducing contributory pension schemes and taking steps to privatize key sectors such as telecommunications. This volume is focused on issues relating to good political and corporate governance and national development; budget and fiscal policy; the Nigerian financial and capital markets and banking. Part one deals with the issues of globalisation and how Nigeria can play in the emergent environment. Part two (Managing the Nigerian Economy), Part three (Strengthening the Nigerian Banking Sector and Part Four (Entrepreneurship and Corporate Governance) proffers ways and means of handling these intertwined aspects of national challenges. The final part - Key Sector Issues deals with three vital areas - Education, Transportation, and Oil and Gas.
- Issued as part of book collections on Project MUSE.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 26479829