To make us proud : a Leonard Bernstein tribute / "The President's Own" United States Marine Band ; Colonel Jason K. Fettig, Director
- Additional Titles:
- Leonard Bernstein tribute
- Washington, D.C. : United States Marine Band, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc (77:47) : CD audio, stereo ; 4 3/4 in.
plastic metal 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Bernstein, Leonard, 1918-1990
Bernstein, Leonard, 1918-1990. Selections
Britten, Benjamin, 1913-1976. Selections
Britten, Benjamin, 1913-1976
Rózsa, Miklós, 1907-1995
Williams, John, 1932-
Bernstein, Leonard, 1918-1990
Patterson, Donald, 1960-
Sherlock, Bryan P.
United States Marine Band
- Language Note:
- Vocal selections sung in English.
- Fanfare for the Inauguration of John F. Kennedy / Leonard Bernstein ; orchestrated by Sid Ramin (0:34) -- "To Lenny, To Lenny!" (for New York) / John Williams ; transcribed by Paul Lavender (3:06) -- Divertimento / Leonard Bernstein ; transcribed by MGySgt Donald Patterson (14:51) -- Four sea interludes from Peter Grimes, Opus 33A. Dawn ; Sunday morning ; Moonlight ; Storm / Benjamin Britten ; transcribed by MGySgt Donald Patterson (17:44) -- Prelude, fugue, and riffs / Leonard Bernstein (7:58) -- Theme, variations, and finale, Opus 13A / Miklós Rózsa ; transcribed by MGySgt Donald Patterson (17:23) -- Scenes from a White House Cantata. Prelude ; Take care of this house ; The President Jefferson Sunday luncheon march ; To make us proud / Leonard Bernstein ; transcribed by Capt Ryan Nowlin (16:01).
- Canons, fugues, etc. (Band), Arranged—20th century
- Cantatas—United States—20th century
- Fanfares—United States—20th century
- Variations (Band), Arranged—20th century
- Band music, Arranged—20th century
- Band music, Arranged
- Canons, fugues, etc. (Band), Arranged
- Variations (Band), Arranged
- United States
- Sound Characteristics:
- Medium of Performance:
- band 1 1
baritone voice 1 mezzo-soprano voice 1 band 1 2 1
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Total duration: 77 minutes, 47 seconds.
Title from disc label.
Works by Bernstein arranged for band; the 1st-4th, 6th-7th works are originally for orchestra; the 5th work is originally for jazz band.
Program notes by the band's director, biographical notes on the performers, and texts (30 pages : illustrations, portraits ; 12 x 12 cm) inserted in container.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Producers: Captain Ryan J. Nowlin, Captain Bryan P. Sherlock.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- The President's Own United States Marine Band ; Lieutenant Colonel Jason K. Fettig, director.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded 2018 May 14-18 The Rachel M. Schlesinger Concert Hall, Northern Virginia Community College, Alexandria campus.
View MARC record | catkey: 26481769