Taping, wrapping, and bracing for athletic trainers : functional methods for application and fabrication / editor, Andy Grubbs, MEd, ATC, Director of Athletic Training, the Hughston Foundation, Columbus, Georgia ; associate editors, Ryan P. Barbier, MS, LAT, ATC, NREMR, Certified Athletic Trainer, South Larouche High School, Cut Off, Louisiana, Jonathan P. Born, MS, LAT, ATC, Certified Athletic Trainer, Johnson High School, Atlanta Rehabilitation and Performance Center, Gainesville, Georgia, D. Alexander King, LAT, ATC, Certified Athletic Trainer, Etowah High School, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Woodstock, Georgia, Megan A. Purk, MS, LAT, ATC, Certified Athletic Trainer, Bowling Green, Missouri, Wm. Chad Witzel, LAT, ATC, Certified Athletic Trainer, Hardin Memorial Hospital, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
- Thorofare, NJ : SLACK Incorporated, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xx, 210 pages : color illustrations ; 22 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Grubbs, Andy
- Foot and ankle -- Lower leg and knee -- Hip and thigh -- Shoulder and elbow -- Forearm, wrist, and fingers -- Orthoplast.
- "With numerous methods available for orthopedic injuries, many texts go into all the applications in a given area or injury and leave readers wondering which one works best or is more useful. Taping, Wrapping, and Bracing for Athletic Trainers: Functional Methods for Application and Fabrication is a collection of some of the most commonly used and most functional taping, wrapping, and bracing techniques for orthopedic injuries. Andy Grubbs has designed this text to not only show the best method(s) for a given area but to add another method to each clinician's bag of tricks. Taping, Wrapping, and Bracing for Athletic Trainers focuses on the most functional and useful methods in clinical settings and each application is performed in the proper manner to ensure functionality. With the step-by-step instructions, athletic trainers, coaches, and allied health care practitioners will gain comprehensive knowledge and practical skills to understand, reproduce and master the useful taping techniques. While this book offers material recommendations for each technique, it is important to understand that some taping techniques can be performed with a number of different types of taping materials"--Publisher's website.
- 9781617119835 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
1617119830 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Capital Blue Cross Health Education Fund; 2018.
- Endowment Note:
- Capital Blue Cross Health Education Fund
View MARC record | catkey: 26481914