Evidence-based practice in nursing & healthcare : a guide to best practice / Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk, PhD, RN, APRN-CNP, FAANP, FNAP, FAAN, Ellen Fineout-Overholt, PhD, RN, FNAP, FAAN
- Unit 1: Steps zero, one, two; getting started. Making the case for evidence-based practice and cultivating a spirit of identity -- Asking compelling clinical questions -- Finding relevant evidence to answer clinical questions -- Unit 1 making EBP real: A success story. Using an evidence-based, autonomous nurse protocol to reduce catheter-associated urinary tract infections in a long-term acute care facility -- Unit 2: Step three: critically appraising evidence. Critically appraising knowledge for clinical decision making -- Critical appraising quantitative evidence for clinical decision making -- Critically appraising qualitative evidence for clinical decision making -- Integration of patient preferences and values and clinician expertise into evidence-based decision making -- Advancing optimal care with robust clinical practice guidelines -- Unit 2 making EBP real: A success story. Intradermal lidocaine intervention on the ambulatory unit : an evidence-based implementation project -- Unit 3: Steps four and five: moving from evidence to sustainable practice change. Implementing evidence in clinical settings -- The role of outcomes and evidence-based quality improvement in enhancing and evaluating practice changes -- Implementing the evidence-based practice competencies in clinical and academic settings to ensure healthcare quality and improved patient outcomes -- Leadership strategies for creating and sustaining evidence-based practice organizations -- Unit 3 making EBP real: A success story. Improving outcomes for depressed adolescents with the brief cognitive behavioral COPE intervention delivered in 30-minute outpatient visits -- Unit 4: Creating and sustaining a culture and environment for evidence-based practice. Innovation and evidence : a partnership in advancing best practice and high quality care -- Models to guide implementation and sustainability of evidence-based practice -- Creating a vision and motivating a change to evidence-based practice in individuals, teams, and organizations -- Teaching evidence-based practice in academic settings -- Teaching evidence-based practice in clinical settings -- ARCC evidence-based practice mentors : the key to sustaining evidence-based practice -- Unit 4 making EBP real: A success story. Mercy heart failure pathway -- Unit 5: Step six: Disseminating evidence and evidence-based practice implementation outcomes. Using evidence to influence health and organizational policy -- Disseminating evidence through presentations, publications, health policy briefs, and the media -- Unit 5 making EBP real: A success story. Research projects receive worldwide coverage -- Unit 6: Generating external evidence and writing successful grant proposals. Generating evidence through quantitative and qualitative research -- Writing a successful grant proposal to fund research and evidence-based practice implementation projects -- Ethical considerations for evidence implementation and evidence generation -- Unit 6 making EBP real: Selected excerpts from a funded grant application. COPE/healthy lifestyles for teens : a school-based RCT -- Appendix A: Question templates for asking PICOT questions -- Appendix B: Rapid critical appraisal checklists -- Appendix C: Evaluation table template and synthesis table examples for critical appraisal -- Appendix I: ARCC model timeline for an EBP implementation project -- Appendix J: Sample instruments to evaluate EBP in educational settings -- Appendix K: Sample instruments to evaluate EBP in clinical settings.
- "Enhance your clinical decision-making capabilities and improve patient outcomes through evidence-based practice. Develop the skills and knowledge you need to make evidence-based practice (EBP) an integral part of your clinical decision-making and everyday nursing practice with this proven, approachable text. Written in a straightforward, conversational style, Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare delivers real-world examples and meaningful strategies in every chapter to help you confidently meet today's clinical challenges and ensure positive patient outcomes"--
- 9781496384539 paperback, 1496384539 paperback, 1496387031, and 9781496387035
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Highmark Blue Shield Education Fund; 2018.
View MARC record | catkey: 26481936