Nevves from Ireland [microform] : VVherein is related these particulars following. ... Sent in 2 letters, one to Mr. Roger Cole ... from his brother, M. Cole, marchant [i.e. merchant] in Dublin, and the other from a Scotch gentlewoman to her husband ...
- (from t.p.) 1. A proclamation from the rebels -- 2. The marching of 30,000 rebels into the province of Munster, under the command of six great lords -- 3. The siege of Kingsale and Bandon-Bridge -- 4. Diverse skirmishes with the rebels neere Dublin -- 5. Two severall overthrows of the rebels, given by the Scots and the English, the one at London-Derry, the other at Newry.
- Related Titles:
- Newes from Ireland
News from Ireland
- The first letter, dated from Dublin, 23 February 1641, is from Robert Cole to his mother; the second, dated from Irewine in Scotland, 27 February 1641, is signed: Iane Glencorse.
Reproduction of original in Yale University Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1961. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 22:13)
- Binding notes:
- Microfilm D18a reel.22:1 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in The character of a London-diurnall [microform] : with severall select poems / by the same author
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, C5026
View MARC record | catkey: 2648397