Metalliferous black shales and related ore deposits : proceedings, 1989 United States Working Group meeting, International Geological Correlation Program Project 254 / edited by Richard I. Grauch and Holly L.O. Huyck
- [Reston, Virginia] : U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, 1991.
[Washington, D.C.] : United States Government Printing Office, 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vii, 85 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Grauch, Richard I., Huyck, Holly L. O., Geological Survey (U.S.), and International Geological Correlation Programme. Project 254. United States Working Group
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Geochemistry of the Ordovician high-calcium black shales hosting major gold deposits of the Getchell trend in Nevada / by E.I. Bloomstein and J.B. Clark -- Geochemical control on the abundance of vanadium in black shales and related rocks / by George N. Breit, Richard B. Wanty, and Michele L. Tuttle -- Nickel-molybdenium-platinum-gold deposits in black shales of southern China: a new ore type with possible analogs in Pennsylvanian rocks of the U.S.A. / by Raymond M. Coveney, Jr., and Chen Nansheng -- Geochemical and mineralogical comparison of the upper Pennsylvanian Stark Shale Member of the Dennis Limestone, east-central Kansas, with the Middle Pennsylvanian Mecca Quarry Shale Member of the Carbondale formation in Illinois and of the Linton Formation in Indiana / by G. A. Desborough, J.R. Hatch, and J.S. Leventhal -- Organic ligands and metal-organic complexing in ore fluids of sedimentary origin / by Thomas H. Giordano -- When is a metalliferous black shale not a black shale? / by Holly L.O. Huyck -- Recent Black Sea sediments: Leg 4, 1988 Black Sea Expedition / by Timothy W. Lyons -- Organic geochemical studies of metalliferous parts of the Middle Proterozoic Nonesuch Formation of northern Michigan / by Philip A. Meyers, Eileen S. Ho, and Jeffrey L. Mauk -- Organic geochemical and petrological investigations of a natural reactor and its environs at Oklo, Gabon: a preliminary report / by Bartholomew Nagy, Joel S. Leventhal, and F. Gauthier-Lafaye -- Midcontinent Virgilian (Upper Pennsylvanian) black shales in eastern Kansas / by R.B. Schultz and J.B. Maynard -- Membership of the U.S. Working Group of the International Geological Correlation Program Project.
- Report Numbers:
- I 19.4/2:1058
- Title from title screen (viewed June 22, 2018).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 26484815