The canting academy, or, The devils cabinet opened [microform] : wherein is shewn the mysterious and villanous practices of that wicked crew, commonly known by the names of hectors, trapanners, gilts, &c. : to which is added a compleat canting-dictionary, both of old words, and such as are now most in use : with several new catches and songs, compos'd by the choisest wits of the age ...
- Head, Richard, 1637?-1686?
- London : Printed by F. Leach for Mat. Drew ..., 1673.
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered pages, 192 pages, 16 unnumbered pages
- Related Titles:
- Canting academy
Devils cabinet opened
- Dedication signed: R. Head.
Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1964. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 147:1)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, H1243
Arber's Term cat. I 153
View MARC record | catkey: 2649034