An apology against a pamphlet call'd A modest confutation of the animadversions upon the remonstrant against Smectymnuus [microform].
- Milton, John, 1608-1674
- London : Printed by E.G. for Iohn Rothwell ..., 1642.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 59 pages
- A reply to Bishop Hall. The fifth of Milton's pamphlets written in support of the five Protestant ministers in the Smectymnuus controversy. Cf. Wise, T.J. Ashley lib., 1922-1936, v.3, p. 149.
First ed. Cf. NUC pre-1956.
Errata on p. 59.
Reproduction of original in Huntington Library and Thomason Collection, British Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1964 and 1967. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 155:5 and 251:E.147, no. 22)
- Binding notes:
- Microfilm D18a reel.155:1 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in The accomplisht cook, or, The art and mystery of cookery [microform] : wherein the whole art is revealed in a more easie and perfect method than hath been publisht in any language ... / approved by the fifty years experience and industry of Robert May in his attendance on several persons of honour
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, M2090
View MARC record | catkey: 2649121