The poetical histories [microform] : being a compleat collection of all the stories necessary for a perfect understanding of the Greek and Latine poets and other ancient authors / written originally in French, by the learned Jesuite, P. Galtruchius ; now Englisht and enricht with observations concerning the gods worshipped by our ancestors in this island, by the Phœnicians, and Syrians in Asia ... ; unto which are added two treatises, one of the curiosities of old Rome, and of the difficult names relating to the affairs of that city, the other containing the most remarkable hieroglyphicks of Ægypt, by Marius d'Assigny ...
- Gautruche, Pierre, 1602-1681
- Uniform Title:
- Histoire poétique pour l'intelligence des poéts. English
- London : Printed by B.G. and are to be sold by Moses Pitt ..., 1671.
- Physical Description:
- 23 unnumbered pages, 285, that is, 279 pages, 2 unnumbered pages, 200, that is, 188 pages, 22 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- D'Assigny, Marius, 1643-1717
- Translation of: Histoire poétique pour l'intelligence des poétes.
Book 2 has special t.p. with title: The second book of the history of the heathen gods. London : Printed by S.G. and B.G. for M. Pitts, 1671.
With errata leaf  p. at beginning of second pagination and p. -.
Advertisements on p. - at beginning and p.  at end.
Reproduction of original in Newberry Library.
Errors in pagination.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes index and bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1965. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 185:5)
- Binding notes:
- Microfilm D18a reel.185:1 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in Mathematical collections and translations ... [microform] / by Thomas Salusbury, Esq
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, G384
View MARC record | catkey: 2649233