Female excellency, or, The ladies glory [microform] : illustrated in the worthy lives and memorable actions of nine famous women, who have been renowned either for virtue or valour in several ages of the world ... : the whole adorned with poems and the picture of each lady / by R.B.
- R. B., approximately 1632-approximately 1725
- London : Printed for Nath. Crouch ..., 1688.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 177 pages, 10 unnumbered pages : illustrations
- (from t.p.) I. Deborah, the prophetess -- II. The valiant Judith --III. Queen Esther -- IV. The virtuous Susanna -- V. The chast Lucretia -- VI. Voadicia, Queen of Brittain -- VII. Mariamne, wife to King Herod -- VIII. Clotilda, Queen of France -- IX. Andegona, Princess of Spain.
- Related Titles:
- Female excellency
- R.B. stands for Richard or Robert Burton, the pseudonym of Nathaniel Crouch.
First ed. Cf. DNB.
"Licensed and entred according to order"
First preliminary page and pages 103--104 mutilated in the filmed copy. From the beginning to page 27 photographed from Harvard University Libraries copy and inserted at the beginning; pages 100--125 photographed from Harvard University Libraries copy and inserted at the end.
Advertisements: p. - at end.
Reproduction of original in British Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1965. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 178:7)
- Binding notes:
- Microfilm D18a reel.178:1 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in An elegie upon the death of the Right Honourable Anne, Countesse of Shrewsbury [microform] / by J.C., Gentleman
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, C7326
Arber's Term cat. II 216
View MARC record | catkey: 2649521