The historie of the world [microform] : in five books ... / by Sir Walter Raleigh, knight
- Raleigh, Walter, Sir, 1552?-1618
- London : Printed for Robert White, John Place, and George Dawes, and are to be sold by George Dawes at his shop ..., MDCLXVI 
- Physical Description:
- 67 unnumbered pages, 1, 143 [i.e. 1, 139], 58 unnumbered pages, 16 unnumbered leaves of plates : illustrations, maps
- (from t.p.) 1. Intreating of the beginning and first ages of the same, from the Creation unto Abraham -- 2. Of the times from the birth of Abraham to the destruction of the Temple of Solomon -- 3. From the destruction of Jerusalem to the Time of Philip of Macedon -- 4. From the reign of Philip of Macedon to the establishing of that kingdom in the race of Antigonus -- 5. From the settled rule of Alexanders successors in the East, untill the Romans (prevailing over all) made conquest of Asia and Macedon.
- Illustrated added t.p. ; engraved frontispiece portrait of Sir Walter Raleigh.
Ben Johnson's stanzas "The minde of the front": p. 
Numerous errors in paging.
Reproduction of original in the Emanuel College Library, Cambridge University.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1984. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1512:20)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, R164.
View MARC record | catkey: 2650120