Every month is a new year : celebrations around the world / poems by Marilyn Singer ; collages by Susan L. Roth
- Singer, Marilyn
- Uniform Title:
- Poems. Selections
- Additional Titles:
- Celebrations around the world
- New York : Lee & Low Books Inc., 
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations, map ; 25 x 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Roth, Susan L.
- Happy New Year! -- The year turns -- December: Midnight ball drop (New Year's Eve -- New York City, United States) -- December-January: First footing (Hogmanay -- Scotland) -- December-January: Two new years (Russian New Years -- Russia) -- February: Dragon dance (Chinese New Year -- Hong Kong, China) -- March: Thirteen days (Nowruz -- Iran) -- April: Washing the bad away (Songkran -- Thailand) -- May: New moon, new year (First Day of Muharram -- Jordan) -- June: Bringing together the earth and sky (Matariki -- New Zealand) -- June: The young sun rises (We Tripantu -- Chile) -- July: Smashing the pots (Wep Ronpet -- United States/Ancient Egypt) -- August: Nowruz, Navroze (Navroze -- India) -- September: Daisies (Enkutatash -- Ethiopia) -- October: Casting away sins (Rosh Hashanah -- United States) -- November: Festival of Lights (Diwali -- India) -- December: Fire is better (Año Viejo -- Ecuador) -- December: Las Doce Uvas Da La Suerte (Nochevieja -- Spain) -- Turning the year -- Calendars -- New Years greetings -- About the celebrations -- Glossary and pronunciation guide -- Author's sources.
- "A collection of original poems about New Year celebrations throughout the year and around the world. Includes an introduction about worldwide New Year celebrations plus a map, information about calendars, New Year greetings in many languages, additional factual information about the celebrations, and author's sources"--
- 9781620141625 (hardback ; acid-free paper)
1620141620 (hardback ; acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 50).
View MARC record | catkey: 26509528