Mapping society : the spatial dimensions of social cartography / Laura Vaughan
- Vaughan, Laura
- London : UCL Press, 2018.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xix, 247 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), maps (chiefly color), facsimilies (chiefly color) ; 24 cm
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Mapping the spatial logic of society -- 2.Disease, health and housing -- 3.Charles Booth and the mapping of poverty -- 4.Poverty mapping after Charles Booth -- 5.Nationalities, race and religion -- 6.Crime and disorder -- 7.Conclusions.
- This book traces the evolution of social cartography over the past two centuries ... While the focus is on historical maps, the narrative carries the discussion of the spatial dimensions of social cartography forward to the present day, showing how disciplines such as public health, crime science and urban planning chart spatial data in their current practice ..."
- 9781787353077 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 230-242) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment ; 2018
View MARC record | catkey: 26509720