Neonatal Cranial Ultrasonography [electronic resource] / by Gerda Meijler, Sylke J. Steggerda
- Wezel-Meijler, Gerda van
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- 3rd ed. 2019.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 336 pages 312 illustrations, 304 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Steggerda, Sylke J. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- PART I: The Cranial Ultrasound Procedure: Cranial Ultrasonography: Advantages -- Cranial Ultrasonography: Technical Aspects -- Performing Cranial Ultrasound Examinations -- Assessing Cranial Ultrasound Examinations -- Scoring Systems -- Limitations of Cranial Ultrasonography and Recommendations for MRI -- Maturational Changes of the Neonatal Brain -- Summary -- PART II: Ultrasound Anatomy of the Neonatal Brain: Coronal Planes -- Sagittal Planes -- Posterior Fontanel -- Temporal Window -- Mastoid Fontanel.
- This book clearly explains the basics of cranial ultrasonography in the neonate, from patient preparation through to screening strategies and the classification of abnormalities. The aim is to enable the reader consistently to obtain images of the highest quality and to interpret them correctly. Essential information is provided both on the procedure itself and on the normal ultrasound anatomy. The standard technique is described and illustrated, and emphasis is placed on the value of supplementary acoustic windows. Attention is also drawn to maturational changes in the neonatal brain and to the limitations of cranial ultrasonography. Frequently occurring abnormalities are described and classifications for these abnormalities are provided. A new classification for neonatal cerebellar hemorrhages is introduced. In this third edition, all ultrasound images have beena replaced, reflecting the improvements in image quality. An entirely new chapter is devoted to Doppler ultrasonography. The illustrations have been improved and new illustrations were added. The reader will have access to highly informative videos on the cranial ultrasound procedure, available online via SpringerLink. The compact design of the book makes it an ideal and handy reference that will guide the novice in understanding the essentials of the technique while also providing useful information for the more experienced practitioner.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 26512831