A Collection of novels [microform] : viz, the secret history of the Earle of Essex and Queen Elizabeth, The happy slave, and, the double cuckold : to which is added, The art of pleasing in conversation, by Cardinal Richlieu
- London : Printed for R. Wellington ... and E. Rumball ..., 1699.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, 325 pages, 6 unnumbered pages, 194 pages, 2 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Richelieu, Armand Jean du Plessis, duc de, 1585-1642, Vaumorière, M. de (Pierre Ortigue), 1610-1693, and Brémond, Sébastien, approximately 1645-
- Related Titles:
- Secret history of the most renowned Q. Elizabeth and the Earl of Essex
Art of pleasing in conversation
Viceroy of Catalonia
- Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
"The art of pleasing in conversation", erroneously ascribed to Cardinal Richlieu, is attributed to Pierre d'Ortigue de Vaumorière. cf. Brunet.
"The art of pleasing in conversation ... translated out of French" has special t.p.
"The secret history of the most renowned Q. Elizabeth and the Earl of Essex, by a person of quality" has special t.p.
"The viceroy of Catalonia, or, The double cuckold, made English by James Morgan ..." has special t.p.
"The happy slave, a novel, translated from the French by a person of quality, the third edition" has special t.p. and separate pagination.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1978. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 887:17)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, C5149
View MARC record | catkey: 2651665