Examen historicum, or, A discovery and examination of the mistakes, falsities and defects in some modern histories [microform] : occasioned by the partiality and inadvertencies of their severall authours / by Peter Heylin ...
- Heylyn, Peter, 1600-1662
- London : Printed for Henry Seile and Richard Royston ..., 1659.
- Physical Description:
- 2 parts (32 unnumbered pages, 294 pages; 8 unnumbered pages, 208 pages, 22 unnumbered pages)
- Fuller, Thomas, 1608-1661. Church-history of Britain
- Sanderson, William, Sir, 1586?-1676. Compleat history of the lives and reigns of Mary Queen of Scotland, and of her son and successor, James the Sixth
- Sanderson, William, Sir, 1586?-1676. Compleat history of the life and raigne of King Charles
- Mary, Queen of Scots, 1542-1587
- James I, King of England, 1566-1625
- Related Titles:
- Examen historicum
Discovery and examination of the mistakes, falsities, and defects in some modern histories
- Each book has special t.p. Pt. I: Containing necessary animadversions on The church-history of Britain / publisht by Thomas Fuller; pt. II: Containing some advertisements on these following histories [by Sir William Sanderson], viz. 1. the compleat history of Mary, Queen of Scots ..., 2. the history of the reign and death of King James ... the First, 3. the compleat history of the life and reign of King Charls.
Errata: p.  at beginning and p.  at end.
Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1968. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 278:16)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, H1706
View MARC record | catkey: 2652708