The historie of the world [microform] : in five books ... / by Sir Walter Raleigh, Knight
- Raleigh, Walter, Sir, 1552?-1618
- London : Printed for George Dawes, and are to be sold at his shop ..., MDCLXX1 
- Physical Description:
- 60 unnumbered pages, 1, 143 [i.e. 1, 141] pages, 16 unnumbered leaves of plates : illustrations, maps
- (from t.p.) The first, Intreating of the beginning and first ages of the same, from the Creation unto Abraham -- The second, of the times from the birth of Abraham to the destruction of the temple of Solomon -- The third, From the destruction of Jerusalem to the time of Phillip of Macedon -- The fourth, From the reign of Philip of Macedon to the establishing of that kingdom in the race of Antigonus -- The fifth, From the settled rule of Alexanders successors in the East, until the Romans (prevailing over all) made conquest of Asia and Macdon.
- Engraved illustrated added t.p. with 1666 imprint date., Numerous errors in paging., Imperfect: pages faded, stained and torn with print show-through and some loss of print., and Reproduction of original in the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign Campus). Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1984. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1534:8)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, R165.
View MARC record | catkey: 2654975