The true Christians test, or, A discovery of the love and lovers of the world [microform] : in two parts ... / by S.S. ...
- Shaw, Samuel, 1635-1696
- London : Printed by Thomas James for Samuel Tidmarsh ..., MDCLXXXII [i.e. 1682]
- Physical Description:
- 16 unnumbered pages, 401, that is, 399 pages
- (from t.p.) 1. Of man considered in his moral capacity, in an hundred meditations, derived from I John 2. 15, II. Of man considered in his political capacity, in forty nine meditations, derived from I John 2. 15.
- Related Titles:
- True Christians test
Discovery of the love and lovers of the world
- Attributed by NUC pre-1956 imprints to Shaw.
A special t.p. and dedication for Part II (p. 229-401) found on p. [7-10]; verso of special t.p. has a bookplate embellished with a coat-of-arms.
Pages 94 & 128 misnumbered 24 & 28; 177-178 omitted in the numbering.
Errata: p. 
Imperfect: print show-through and tightly bound with slight loss of print.
Reproduction of original in the Bodleian Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1984. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1535:17)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, S149
View MARC record | catkey: 2655469