The compleat surveyor, containing the whole art of surveying of land [microform] : by the plaine table, theodolite, circumferentor, peractor and other instruments, after a more easie, exact and compendious manner, then hath been hitherto published by any ... : together with the taking of all manner of heights and distances ... also, how to take the plot of a whole manor, to cast up to the conteut, and to make a perfect chart or map thereof, all which particulars are performed three several ways, and and [sic] by three several instruments : hereunto is added a new way of suveying of land by which a man may be satisfied whether his plot will close before he begins to protract the same, with the manner how to order such water colours as are necessary for the beautifying of maps and plots, also how to know whether water may be conveyed from a spring-head to any appointed place or not, and how to effect the same : with whatsoever else is necessary to the art of surveying / by William Leybourn
- Leybourn, William, 1626-1716
- Uniform Title:
- London : Printed by R. and W. Leybourn, for G. Sawbridge ..., 1657.
- The second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 14 unnumbered pages, 308 pages : illustrations, diagrams
- Related Titles:
- Whole art of surveying the land
- Reproduction of original in Cambridge University Library.
First published in 1650, under pseudonym, Oliver Wallinby, with title: Planometria, or The whole art of surveying of land.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1979. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 987:5)
- Binding notes:
- Microfilm D18a reel.987:1 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in A Letter to a gentleman upon occasion of some new opinions in religion [microform]
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, L1908
View MARC record | catkey: 2656716