A vindication of the historiographer of the University of Oxford, and his works [microform] : from the reproaches of the Lord Bishop of Salisbury, in his letter to the Lord Bishop of Coventry and Litchfield, concerning a book lately published, called, A specimen of some errors and defects in the history of the reformation of the Church of England, by Anthony Hurmer, written by E.D. ; to which is added the historiographer's answer to certain animadversions made in the before-mention'd History of the Reformation, to that part of Histroia & antiquitates Universitatis Oxon, which treats of the divorce of Queen Catherine from King Henry the Eighth
- Wood, Thomas, 1661-1722
- London : Printed, and sold by Randal Taylor, 1693.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 5-30 pages
- Additional Creators:
- E. D.
- Wood, Anthony à, 1632-1695. History and antiquities of the University of Oxford
- Wood, Anthony à, 1632-1695. Athenae Oxoniensis
- Burnet, Gilbert, 1643-1715. History of the reformation of the Church of England
- Wharton, Henry, 1664-1695. Specimen of some errors and defects in The history of the reformation of the Church of England
- University of Oxford
- Church of England—History
- Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
Anthony Harmer is a pseudonym for Henry Wharton.
Attributed to Thomas Wood. cf. NUC pre-1956.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1979. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 994:23)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, W3412
Arber's Term Cat. II 452
View MARC record | catkey: 2656969